Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Ephesians 4:2

Look the little tribe of Benjamin leads the way. Psalm 68:27

Our Family

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Cat tickers
"In everything you do, put God first and He will direct you and crown your efforts with success."
Proverbs 3:6

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Murphy's Law for military wives

There is such a thing as murphy's law for military wives. I know that I am not making it up in my head. I have not been blogging as much as I want to & normally do because the past few days have been so horrible in our household.
So this murphy's law thing? Anything and everything that can possibly go wrong while your husband is deployed/detached/training will go wrong. Yeah that about sums it up.
It seems that all of this occurs to make you a stronger person and wife.....hmmmm I am pretty sure that is a strength that I don't need!
My allergies have been horrendously bad this past week. (Now that is not bad in the scheme of things and plenty of people have seasonal allergies especially in Jacksonville, Pollen capitol of the world but coupled with what I am about to tell you, it makes for murphy's law in my life.)
Tuesday night, I was putting groceries away (while my children are eating so my 20 month old was not getting everything right back out) when I see some canned goods start falling. I tried to move as fast as I could but alas I smacked my left temple HARD on the metal shelving on the pantry door and still got pummeled in the right temple HARD with a can of Vegall. It was enough to bring me to my knees and (don't judge!) cuss in front of my children. I am still having headaches on and off today. Yesterday was just a headache all day.
Wednesday morning, I wake up to find the spot on our ceiling downstairs growing. (Need to figure out which bathroom and what is leaking.) I can't find a plumber that has an opening anytime soon........
The icing on the cake is Kendall (my almost 4 year old) having a probable UTI and Isaac having conjunctivits in both eyes.
Oh yeah....Kendall (who has been potty trained for nearly 2 years) peeing 3 seperate times on the floor too. Not sure if it is the UTI or a reaction to daddy still being gone.
Arrrrggggghhhhhh!
Murphy's law!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Oh, Jamie Lynn...I am so sorry to hear about your difficult week. I can't even imagine how hard it must be to explain to little ones why Daddy has to go away...I've struggled mightily with my older children. (Oh, and don't worry about the swearing...our kids learn that we're human pretty darned quickly...they forgive us!) I hope your head is finally feeling better. I hope Kendall doesn't have a UTI. That would be awful for her. As someone who suffered from chronic UTIs for years, I just must say to you that she can never, ever take bubble baths. They are NOT good for little girls (our urethras are too short and if we're prone to bladder infections or UTIs, they are exacerbated by the bubble bath).

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9

Family Love

Family Love
2009

Want to know more about our family? Keep scrolling!