Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Ephesians 4:2

Look the little tribe of Benjamin leads the way. Psalm 68:27

Our Family

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Cat tickers
"In everything you do, put God first and He will direct you and crown your efforts with success."
Proverbs 3:6

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Comfort

Thank-you to all who called, emailed, texted, and of course FaceBooked me. I am a little bit better now that I have asked for prayer and talked (AHEM and by talked I mean emailed) to Ben about how I was feeling.

I am still apprehensive about moving & very weepy about it too. (Sorry Beth!) I know that only God (and behind him the Marine Corps) has control over what will come. No matter what happens, I have made the most beautiful friends here that have really become like my "family."

I said to my ladies bible study group today "that leaving here will be as hard as leaving PA for the first time because I feel like that family bond is being broken again."

Before you think that I have gone mad and think that as a military family we shouldn't have to move.....let me explain that ALL of our other moves have felt "RIGHT." The right time, right place, right everything. There is a pull on me right now that it is just not our time to leave here yet & I think that is why I am so scared.

Anyway, onward to the comfort section of this blog.... My friend Nicole sent me this passage.

And I received this from my friend, Roni. I shared this with my ladies today because I think it is so very comforting......
I have a book called "Jesus Calling" that paraphrases scripture as if Jesus were speaking to us in plain language. I have obvious restlessness about the months ahead for our family. I guess everyone does. But this was from Tuesday, and I was rereading it this morning and thought of your post.

"Stop trying to work things out before their times have come. Accept the limitations of living one day at a time. When something comes to your attention, ask Me whether or not it is part of today's agenda. If it isn't, release it into My care and go on about today's duties. When you follow this practice, there will be a beautiful simplicity about your life; a time for everything, and everything in its time.

A life lived close to Me is not complicated or cluttered. When your focus is on My Presence, many things that once troubled you lose their power over you. Thought the world around you is messy and confusing, remember that I have overcome the world. I have told you these things so that in Me you may have Peace."

The scripture references are Ecclesiastes 3:1 and John 16:33. I know some people live this way always, but it is elusive to me. This helps me find my way to this kids of focus. Hope it helps you too.

Love ya!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9

Family Love

Family Love
2009

Want to know more about our family? Keep scrolling!