Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Ephesians 4:2

Look the little tribe of Benjamin leads the way. Psalm 68:27

Our Family

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Cat tickers
"In everything you do, put God first and He will direct you and crown your efforts with success."
Proverbs 3:6

Friday, June 18, 2010

Friday Memes are the best!

is hosting
Show us your life: Proposal Stories
Since I am participating in the summer challenge, Completing Him, I thought that it would be fun to stroll down memory lane today!
I knew that we would be getting engaged but I wasn't sure just when. We had been talking about eloping & where we would like to do it but Ben hadn't popped the big question. I was getting nervous because we were going to be moving from Florida to California & I didn't want to do so with "just a boyfriend."
We had a big month in December. Ben was "winged" or completed his naval aviation schooling for the Marine Corps. We moved all of my things from my apartment to Ben's house so that they could be moved by the military. I finished my job at Baptist Hospital. You know many life changing events!
We came to PA for Christmas vacation. It was my family's "normal" ruckus going on. Ben left to go to the grocery store with my dad, by himself! GULP!!
I had been wanting to take Ben on a tour of my old college campus but had not really had the opportunity to do so. Ben suggested we go on Christmas Eve. I thought ok but it is December in PA.......we walked the 'oak grove' which is my favorite part of campus. Ben was acting sort of weird but I didn't really think much of it. We had went down further into campus when I told him that I was getting cold. He said, "Ok let's go back to the truck." I started the quickest route which was not back through the oak grove. Ben asked if we could walk back through the grove.
I was thinking for real? I am about to freeze my tushy off. We went back through. Ben was asking ALL kinds of questions.
"Did you have class here?"
"Did you study out here?"
"What's that for?"
"Were there lots of squirrels?" (Oh yes he really asked that question!)
Finally, he said ok let's go.
I turned to leave and he said,
"Hey I have one more question for you."
I turned around ready to be like "WHAT?!?!" when I saw him down on one knee. I think that I said YES before he even got his last question out.
A little aside here......
I think that he proposed at my college campus because we couldn"t be at his college campus. They have a tradition at Texas A&M (Whoop!) of proposing under the century tree. He did say his (and mine) first "I love you" to me there but it would have been way cool to be there for the proposal too!
Hope you enjoyed! Can't wait to read yours!
_______________________________
And This is my first Friday to participate in
friday-follow
Have a blessed weekend!

1 comment:

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Aw! A sweet proposal story :o) I think I remember you telling your proposal story in a past post or at least I remember the part about the tree. What a wonderful memory!

Blessings & Aloha!
(thank you for stopping by! I am finally home from work, so I thought I would stop by, before I got going with dinner :o)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9

Family Love

Family Love
2009

Want to know more about our family? Keep scrolling!