Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Ephesians 4:2

Look the little tribe of Benjamin leads the way. Psalm 68:27

Our Family

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Cat tickers
"In everything you do, put God first and He will direct you and crown your efforts with success."
Proverbs 3:6

Friday, July 30, 2010

Waiting........and patience

I woke up this morning to not one, not two, but three emails from Proverbs 31 ministry that I thought I would share some snippets of in hopes that it will be just what you need today as well.
I struggle not to try to do things under my control and my timeline. I try to trust that God knows just what we need and just when we need it. It's stepping out in faith. So I believe that was His nudge this morning that everything will come in His time and on His perfect wisdom.
"We also pray that you will be strengthened with his glorious power so that you will have all the patience and endurance you need." Colossians 1:11
In a heart that values instant gratification like mine does, patience seems hard to come by.
We want stuff and we want it now. We want results and we want them now. Yet the Bible repeatedly says that patience should be a way of life for followers of Christ.
(Patience that when the time is right we will know where our next home will be with the Marine Corps, when our children will listen & obey, when we will have our third child, when a relationship will be repaired, and the list goes on and on.)
We also have to exercise patience with God as we wait for His full plan to unfold. At times we must wait for answers to prayers, for deliverance, for provision, or for Him to dispense justice or reveal His will. We really have no choice but to wait in these circumstances, but a woman developing patience will endure the wait graciously. It helps to remember how very patient God has to be with us on a daily basis!
(Patience that all things are good in God's timing.)
Dear Lord, thank You for being so very patient with me. Help me to develop patience, and display that quality for Your glory. In Jesus' Name, Amen
Waiting and praying for those I know and love to accept Jesus as their savior.
Dear Lord, You know the person I am burdened for. You see their need for You. Help me to not give up in sharing You. Give me creative and non-threatening ways to make You real to them. And soften their hearts to receive what You are offering. In Jesus' Name, Amen.
Waiting and not being impulsive but patient.
Dear God, thank You for desiring more of me than just quick, impulsive prayers. I want to grow more like You every single day and seek You with purpose, not impulse. Please show me how You want me to do that. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

5 comments:

Emily said...

I found your blog on "follow me, chickadee" -- thanks for your encouraging scripture this morning! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Unknown said...

Very good post! Being patient is very hard...
Come follow back and visit!
Happy Blog hop!
XO
Frenchy

rite said...

Hello!
New follower from one of the friday blog hops!!! Hope you have a wonderful friday!

xoxox
Lauren
www.twentysomethinghousewife.com

PS i also host a weekly blog hop... feel free to check it out!

Unknown said...

HI,

I'm following you on a Friday Follow.

Happy Friday!!!

Lisa

Mrs Montoya said...

Happy to see you on my blog and so grateful to have been led to you. The scriptures you chose to share are so poignant -- I have a heart that loves instant gratification, too. The reminder for patience is a good one for me

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9

Family Love

Family Love
2009

Want to know more about our family? Keep scrolling!