Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Ephesians 4:2

Look the little tribe of Benjamin leads the way. Psalm 68:27

Our Family

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Cat tickers
"In everything you do, put God first and He will direct you and crown your efforts with success."
Proverbs 3:6

Monday, July 26, 2010

Completing him Challenge- Following your husband's vision


It's week #7 in our Summer Completing Him Challenge! Here's this week's challenge: Support his vision. Discuss his vision for your family. Where does he see your family in 1 year, 5 years, and 10 years. Share with us how you let your husband lead. (Ben has been asking to do this for about the last 7 years! Maybe we can work on it now! He will be thrilled.)
Ephesians 5:23 "For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church."
Pray for him as he leads and trust God that he will protect you as you obey Ephesians 5:23 in allowing your husband to lead. Indeed this is a challenge isn't it!
Today - listen to your husbands. Talk with them about their plans, dreams and visions for your family. Share yours in return. Don't let it become a debate. Close your mouth and simply listen. Imagine how you can help him reach those goals. Remember - behind every great man is a great woman.

For more visit

_______________________________________

How do you start thinking the right things about your husband when you realize you have been thinking the wrong things?
"whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Philippians 4:8

Lord, help me to take every thought captive about my husband. Convict me of when my thinking is wrong and help me to think of him in a way that is true and noble, right and pure, lovely and admirable, excellent and praiseworthy. And when I'm weak and not seeing my circumstances clearly, please get my attention and teach me to think in Your ways. And as each reader considers this familiar verse and how it applies to marriage, would you show each of us the very personal difference it makes in our own relationships?
For more visit Julie at

http://comehaveapeace.blogspot.com

7 comments:

Courtney (Women Living Well) said...

GIRL! I hope you don't mind - I just posted your tribute to your husband over on my blog today...please email me if this is not okay and I will take it down immediately.

The video really touched me today - it's the perfect picture of what following our husband's vision is all about. I know you have sacrificed much to free your husband to follow his passions and dreams. Beautiful!
Much Love,
Courtney
HEre's the link with the video:
http://womenlivingwell-courtney.blogspot.com/2010/07/following-your-husbands-vision.html

Julie@comehaveapeace said...

Jamie Lynn, so glad you linked this to Marriage Mondays as a great picture of what it means to totally embrace your husband's passions and make them your own. It's beautiful how it draws us closer to each other when we share the same vision ... so clear in your video! Thanks for sharing, and thanks for sacrificing!

~ Julie@comehaveapeace

Kari @ Mommy's Fabulous Finds said...

Hi! I know I'm late, we went out of town on a last minute trip. I am your newest follower from Friday Follow!

Kari @ http://shining2save.blogspot.com

Melissa said...

I had no idea that I'd cry when I watched your video!

Thank you both for your continued sacrifice on all our behalf's and I pray that God blesses you more than you can ever imagine!

Many Blessings,
Melissa

Unknown said...

Awesome video, thank you for sharing! I just wanted to say I live in Pensacola, Florida and am the same age as you, saw you guys started there and thought I would see what your story was if you shared it on here some time? :)
Kim

Angie Vik said...

Thanks for the wisdom and encouragement. It was something I needed to hear.

More Than Words said...

Wonderful post!!! Our husbands love nothing more than to know that they have our support 100%!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9

Family Love

Family Love
2009

Want to know more about our family? Keep scrolling!