Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Ephesians 4:2

Look the little tribe of Benjamin leads the way. Psalm 68:27

Our Family

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Cat tickers
"In everything you do, put God first and He will direct you and crown your efforts with success."
Proverbs 3:6

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Valentine's Day Extravangza (Biggest Romantic Mess-up)

Photobucket
Today is your spouses biggest romantic mess-up over at www.fivecrookedhalos.blogspot.com/
Head on over for more on Valentine's Day Extravanganza week!

Biggest mess-up?!? I really can't remember any! So either I have the perfect husband or my memory is VERY faulty! Just kidding babe! The only thing that stands out in memory was probably my mess up.

We had been dating for about 2.5 to 3 months when we went to Texas A&M for Ben's reunion. I knew NOTHING about A&M or all of the traditions that they have there. To say that it was overwhelming would be an understatement! It was in late October so the things that I packed were a little bit more for colder weather. Who knew that Texas could be in the 80-90 degree weather range at this point? I knew that some of these friends met a lot to Ben so I was dressed to impress (& also to roast to death!) I had a long sleeve top, jeans, knee high boots, you name it! I was really having a good time seeing the Corps of Cadets and walking around campus BUT I was sooooooooo hot!

Ben took me to the "Century Tree." It is a very beautiful tree don't get me wrong but I didn't know the significance of it. (A lot of girls get proposed to under that tree!) If I had known the tradition, it might have been more helpful at what was about to come next!

Ben kept rubbing my shoulders and talking about a lot of nonsense. (he tends to do that when he is nervous if you read our engagement story!) I finally had to tell him

"Ben I am so hot can you please stop hugging me?!" I could tell by the expression on his face that he was very hurt.

"Never mind," he said.

"what?" I muttered feeling super guilty for hurting his feelings.

He said, "I just wanted to tell you that I love you." (This was the first time he had ever said that!) SQUEAL! Of course I told him that I loved him back. AND I made him bring me back the next day for a do over. (Concindentally, it was freezing in jeans and a sweatshirt that day! Dang Texas weather!)

Here's Ben in the Century Tree....I wish that I could find the larger picture of it where you can see it's full beauty!

Here I am in what we purchased at the store so I wasn't roasting for the football game the day that Ben said I love you. All Aggie'd out!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Precious post! Love the pictures of you guys!!
Blessings, andrea

PS: Sitka has an award for you at All Gods Creatures.

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Aw! Isnt it too cute when our manly men get shy, nervous or "twitter-pated" around us :o)

Fun reading!

Blessings & Aloha!
(Ah! I am always one day behind on this blog hop!, but sooo glad that Mama M keeps the hop open one day past the day they are supposed to run!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9

Family Love

Family Love
2009

Want to know more about our family? Keep scrolling!