Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Ephesians 4:2

Look the little tribe of Benjamin leads the way. Psalm 68:27

Our Family

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Cat tickers
"In everything you do, put God first and He will direct you and crown your efforts with success."
Proverbs 3:6

Friday, August 1, 2008

Our updates.....

So I haven't blogged in a few days....I have been resting just like the nice midwife told me to!
I think that I told you I worked on Monday and Tuesday. I cannot believe how the practice is growing, and growing, and growing! I think that I will be down to only one day per week from now on until Isaac decides to make his grand appearance.
I had an OB appointment on Wednesday....
WARNING---If you are grossed out by medical terms and descriptions do not read this part of the blog :-)
I have been having a lot of pelvic floor pressure plus some braxton hicks contractions so I asked to be checked. My cervix is still closed but I am dilated to 1 cm right now. If I was somewhat closer to my due date that would please me but since he is still a little underdeveloped in the lung region I am a little scared. The midwife suggested staying hydrated, no strenous activity, and rest. (All of which I have been doing....duh!) I am just praying that he will hold out a few more weeks. I have faith that what is meant to be will be. I think that I can speak for both Ben and I that if this pregnancy had been our first....well Kendall would be an only child!
We are pretty much ready as far as clothes, bedding, etc for Isaac to be here so at least that stress is off of our plate.
We are going to meet our friends, Ray & Jennifer, for dinner tonight so it will be nice to get out and have some adult conversation.
Tomorrow is Ben's triathlon in Goldsboro. I think that the goal is to be out the door by 5 a.m. I will try to get some good pictures of Ben in action :-)
Ben will be going to Norfolk for a conference August 11th so I think that Kendall and I might tag along for company. It is only for 2-3 days so we won't be gone horribly long. Maybe we might be able to see our friends, Bess & Jones, while we are there!
Kendall has been keeping me laughing the past few days....I am working on a Kendall's Korner so stay tuned!

3 comments:

Turner Family said...

Jamie,
I think September is a terrible time to have a baby. I mean you are pregnant through the entire summer and all of the heat. It really wears on a person. That is why my two other boys were born in January and December. It makes for much better times. I am sure you will be fine dilated to 1cm, it has been my experience that you can walk around 1cm for weeks and weeks and weeks. I will be praying for you.
This is the first time I have done my CPR not pregnant in I don't know how long. The people at Baptist were terrible when I was pregnant and due any day with Thomas. They made sure to tell me that I would get no special anything with CPR just because I was pregnant. So you might want to wait till after Isaac is here.
Andrea

2003beachbunch said...

Thanks Andrea! We could definately deal with some serious prayer time! I lost part of my mucus plug as well. I just want him to make it to 35 weeks then I think that his lungs will be healthy enough to not spend quality time in nicu. I am definately waiting until after pregnancy to do the cpr. I don't think that my back or hips could take it! Who knew that a boy pregnancy could be so much different and harder!

Anonymous said...

You better come see us! We can do dinner over here or meet you guys somewhere or take the kids somewhere. Whatever works for you. I'm very excited to see you!!
By the way, one of my friends here went 2 months being 4 cm dilated and fully effaced. So, hopefully little Isaac will hold on a little longer! A few weeks early might be nice though!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9

Family Love

Family Love
2009

Want to know more about our family? Keep scrolling!