Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Ephesians 4:2

Look the little tribe of Benjamin leads the way. Psalm 68:27

Our Family

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Cat tickers
"In everything you do, put God first and He will direct you and crown your efforts with success."
Proverbs 3:6

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Our Memorial Day trip

We left last Wednesday for PA. It was a great drive for us. We took a new route that was longer in mileage but avoided D.C. traffic & gave us some peace. My dad had been in on planning this surprise as my mom thought that we were coming in on Thursday. (These days both of us are too tired to just do the weekend trip!) It was pretty funny when we walked in to my mom's office on Wednesday afternoon. I still think she is in a little bit of disbelief about it!

Thursday, Ben got back in the car with my dad to drive 4 hours each way to see my family's hunting camp. He's such a good sport! They got to see some elk along the way so that was pretty neat. Dad took Ben hiking around some of camp and of course showed him some horrible pictures of me from my days up there! I believe that they had a good time and I am sure probably would have stayed up there if we didn't have more visiting to do. Kendall and I got to have lunch with my grammy & pappy plus some more relatives. It was really great just to relax and visit!

Friday was pretty low key. Ben, Kendall, and I got to eat lunch with our friends Brad and Bettie. I consumed a very large crab cake that was probably all of my fish/seafood servings for the week! We had a very interesting supper with mom & dad that involved Kendall running around the resturant. Thank goodness for small towns! Jen & Josh got there from their trip. Kendall was so excited to see "elvi" or elvis the terrorist.

Saturday, we went to Smicksburg with mom. Smicksburg is well known for all of the little shops that sell Amish furniture and other wares. I think we found a really nice wooden high chair that we might pick up for Isaac when we go back in December. Mom got us a wooden rocking airplane to go in Isaac's room. I am sure if he loves it as much as Kendall loves her wooden elephant from my dad that it will get a lot of use :-) Mom made a yummy round steak & gravy meal ( all of our favorites) for Josh's 30th bday celebration. Of course we had to have the traditional ice cream cake as well. (I am not taking my weight this week!!!)

Sunday entailed us going to my Lucas family reunion. We had a great time seeing everyone. The food, company, and activities couldn't be beat! We had a super time seeing everyone and catching up.

Monday, we went to the parade in Elderton. It was so much fun to see Kendall running to grab candy, clapping for the band, yelling for the horses, and just having a grand time in general. It was also good to be able to visit with lots of old family friends. We went to the service after that which was interesting even if the guest speaker turned into a long winded histroy lesson. It was so nice to celebrate Memorial day with Ben for the first time in 4 years!!

I am sure that I am forgetting many special memories but my brain is still so tired! Thanks to all of the friends and family that came out to see us! We loved visiting with you.

Happy belated Memorial Day to all of our friends, family, and of course the veterans & current service members!

Happy Birthday Laura! We are so glad that you had a great time in TX. We can't wait to see you in July!

Happy 30th Birthday Josh! You old man you :-)

2 comments:

Turner Family said...

Glad you had a great trip. I must admit I was missing the Beach Family updates. Can't wait to see some pictures

Michelle said...

i am so glad you all had a nice trip back home. it is always nice to be with family and friends esp. back home in western pa! sorry we missed you guys...hopefully next time we will be able to catch up!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9

Family Love

Family Love
2009

Want to know more about our family? Keep scrolling!