Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Ephesians 4:2

Look the little tribe of Benjamin leads the way. Psalm 68:27

Our Family

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Cat tickers
"In everything you do, put God first and He will direct you and crown your efforts with success."
Proverbs 3:6

Friday, May 9, 2008

Fast friends

Daddy found a turtle on the way to work this morning and decided to bring it home for Kendall Bug.
It was love at first sight.

I like to crawl like my new friend.
No I don't want to put him down!!
Looks like we have added another 4-legger to our crew. (No we are not legally insane yet!) Ben almost ran over this poor little guy on his way to work this morning. He decided to go back and get him so that no one would hit him. Lucky that he did because Kendall loves the turtle or "turt" as she calls him. She has been trying to feed him lettuce and give him water. Very concerned about the welfare of this little guy.
We have let him roam about freely in our fenced in back yard complete with a saucer of water. Ben did research and apparently they eat soft shell bugs so there shouldn't be a shortage of food. The dogs have been very curious. Momo mostly to sniff but Jordan really wants to play. I don't know that the turtle is going to be up for that any time soon! Kahlua was pretty indifferent when we had it in the house.
I am hoping that Kendall will calm down a little bit because she wants to carry the poor thing all over the place and keeps petting his shell telling him "good boy."
We made it to the park today but it turned out that it was the wrong one. They moved the free concerts to the park by the USO. Kendall and I enjoyed lunch in the park and she performed quite a bit on stage for me. I guess we will check out the band next Friday with our friends from Playground pals.
I must admit that I have normally turned my nose up at anything downtown Jacksonville but I was pleasantly surprised at the quaint park located at the old railroad station. It was really very pretty. After we finished lunch, we explored downtown a little bit more & I found a little country store called "southern comfort" that I have been wanting to check out since December when we got a gift from there. It was great and I can't wait to take some of our family there when they visit next.
Daily Bible verse was very interesting to me today....
The wise woman builds her house, but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down. - Proverbs 14:1
Happy Belated birthday to NINA yesterday!
CONGRATULATIONS Becca and Nate. I am so excited for you guys. You will love being parents!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9

Family Love

Family Love
2009

Want to know more about our family? Keep scrolling!