Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Ephesians 4:2

Look the little tribe of Benjamin leads the way. Psalm 68:27

Our Family

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Cat tickers
"In everything you do, put God first and He will direct you and crown your efforts with success."
Proverbs 3:6

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Happy early anniversary

Ben and I also opened our anniversary gifts last night even though we won't be celebrating until New Years eve. Due to the close proximity of Christmas and our anniversary, sometimes if we want to get big gifts we overlap so we stay within our budgets. This year Ben had to do that to get me my gift. I have been admiring a bracelet that a friend of mine has worn. Ben got me a bangle bracelet that has a set of naval aviator wings on it. I haven't been able to get the camera to cooperate to get a good picture of it but I will post one soon! I guess it was a tradition in WWII for aviators to give their spouses or girlfriends their wings on a bracelet before they left to go to war. (I didn't know about the history until Ben told me about the research he did on it.) Anyway, it is extremely beautiful and I can't wait to show it to you!
I didn't want Ben to be left out so I gave him his gift. A fellow bloggy friend is a phenomenal sketch artist. She will take whatever picture you want and comprise it solely of a word. In our case, Ben's sketch is made entirely of the word Beach.
My camera really doesn't do justice to her sketches!
So obviously, it is a picture of Ben then his 2 squadron patches from the last 6 years. We will be taking orders next summer so I thought it would be fun to commemorate our time there with this keepsake!
Happy early SIXTH anniversary Babe! I love you!

For more information on the artist, check out Maria at http://personalizedsketchesandsentiments.blogspot.com/ or her Etsy shop at http://www.etsy.com/shop/personalizedsketches

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9

Family Love

Family Love
2009

Want to know more about our family? Keep scrolling!