Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Ephesians 4:2

Look the little tribe of Benjamin leads the way. Psalm 68:27

Our Family

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Cat tickers
"In everything you do, put God first and He will direct you and crown your efforts with success."
Proverbs 3:6

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

"Army Wives"

I just got finished watching last Sunday's episode of Army Wives (let me just insert thank goodness for DVR!) I have to say that I know at first there was some controversy over this program when it first came out....at least here in J'ville some of the Marine wives took offense to some of the things that were on the program. Although it is heavily Hollywood dramatized, I find that it has brought me to tears too many times to count because a lot of the underlying issues are the same for every military spouse. I think that this is a worthwhile program for anyone that is a civilian (and of course a military spouse) to get a small grasp of what life is really like on the homefront.
Just this season it has had me thankful that for the first time in 3 years I will have my husband home with me for an entire year and not in a combat situation, (although many of our friends are still having to leave very soon so I feel connected that I understand how they are feeling right now) just how much a group of friends can pull you out of any given circumstance that the military can throw at you, and an underlying lesson of how a little conflict (between friends or husband and wife) can change many lives.
Anyway, I just wanted to sound off on this and let ya'll now if you are bored with summer t.v. and want to check it out........

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9

Family Love

Family Love
2009

Want to know more about our family? Keep scrolling!