Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Ephesians 4:2

Look the little tribe of Benjamin leads the way. Psalm 68:27

Our Family

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Cat tickers
"In everything you do, put God first and He will direct you and crown your efforts with success."
Proverbs 3:6

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Reflecting on 10 years past......

September 11, 2001.
It is a day that will forever be etched into many memories for a variety of different reasons.
Today, September 11, 2011, I am sure that my daughter will probably remember. Today is the day that she sat with her mama, who was still crying uncontrollably watching footage from that day, on the couch. I haven't let them watch anything on 9/11 because well they are way too young but today I let her sit and wrap her arms around me. It took me quite awhile to explain through my tears what I was watching.
Kendall uttered 1 simple five year old question.
"But why would somebody do something so mean?"
How can you really explain hatred to a 5 year old?

10 years later all of the images and footage still sickens and shocks me.
I remember what I was doing. A simple, daily task....I was cleaning my apartment in Pensacola, Florida. I received a phone call & then turned on the news. I couldn't do anything but sit and watch everything unfold. I somehow gathered my wits about me and called my best friend (who worked in DC at the time) to make sure she was ok. I tried to reach my parents but was unable to at the time.
It seems kind of crazy now to think at how much these events have changed and shaped my life.
I am married to a Marine.
Fighting terrorism is part of his job description.
It has lead him to Iraq on 3 different occassions. It has meant missing the birth of his first child. Also, countless birthdays, holidays, anniversaries, many firsts of his children, funerals for loved ones, and a large variety of other things.
It has made me worry for his safety as well as our children's safety.
What gives me comfort is seeing the patriotism of American citizens that have drawn together for support.
For the civilian neighbors & friends that always seem willing to help whenever Ben has to be away.
The military members that are sent away from their families time and time again but still come back to serve for the greater good.
And of course knowing that God has a greater purpose & will defend us from our enemies.
But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.
Isaiah 40:31

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9

Family Love

Family Love
2009

Want to know more about our family? Keep scrolling!