Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Ephesians 4:2

Look the little tribe of Benjamin leads the way. Psalm 68:27

Our Family

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Cat tickers
"In everything you do, put God first and He will direct you and crown your efforts with success."
Proverbs 3:6

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Love dare Day 2

Our first picture together in 2003.
Before we allowed ourselves to become stubborn and obstinate with each other.
I would like to get back to this care-free time when all we were was kind to each other.
Day 2 (Feb 2) "Love is kind" Eph. 4:32

Kindness inspires you to be agreeable. Instead of being obstinate, reluctant, or stubborn, you cooperate, you stay flexible. Rather than complaining and making excuses, you look for reasons to compromise and accommodate. A kind wife ends thousands of potential arguments by her willingness to listen first rather than demand her way.
Ouch! I really need to work on this one.
It's a work in progress. I thought it was a step in the right direction.

~ Peter Diepenbrock
I am stubborn, strong-willed if you want to be polite. I am SLOWLY learning to stay flexible (not much else I can do being a Marine Corps wife) and to cooperate. It helps to take a deep breath in and take a moment before responding to Ben. So for those that are close to me & that I love dearly, please hold me accountable to this!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Jamie, What a good reminder to me, even when Rafe is deployed. In the past year we have been through so much and each dealt with it differently.

One of the many things that has sustained me is to remember that my job as a wife does NOT depend on Rafe doing his job as a husband. Regardless of his faith, lack of faith; his obedience to God or lack of obedience to God; or any other issue we may have; I made my vows in the presence of God, and to God. That makes all the difference. The Bible doesn't call me to be a good wife after he's been a good husband. God's word specifically outlines my attitudes, roles and responsibilities REGARDLESS of anyone else's behavior. Knowing this has freed me up so much to continue to strive to be the Biblical wife and woman I want to be. I still fall far short, but I have less resentment as to the load I pull. I accept that the things I have resentments or issues about are between him and God to work out, not he and I. The more time I spend working on my own shortcomings, the more it seems that God opens doors for us as a couple.

Love your blog and your beautiful spirit!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9

Family Love

Family Love
2009

Want to know more about our family? Keep scrolling!