Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Ephesians 4:2

Look the little tribe of Benjamin leads the way. Psalm 68:27

Our Family

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Cat tickers
"In everything you do, put God first and He will direct you and crown your efforts with success."
Proverbs 3:6

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Giving birth without Daddy

I wish that I could say this was the first birth of our children that Ben has missed but I can't. This was the second one out of 4. 
Each time I am always struck with the fact that although I bear the physical pain of him being gone, I cannot imagine his emotional pain for not being here.
(Or what he had to listen to and the powerlessness of not being there to help out.)
Here is our deployment birth #2~
Ben via Skype before he got cut off. They have a process called "river city" when communication gets shut off due to an incident while they are in country.

Sending him email updates praying he would get them 
Before I left for the hospital 
My lovely labor coaches
Kursten
Mom
BreAnn
Getting through some fierce pain, contractions, epidural, etc
Trying to breathe on through
A bit of humor with my birthing mask from Kendall
Ben trying to talk me through some contractions
Thankful he got to hear her first cry before the phone cut out
So thankful she is here safely
Daddy with Kenzie in the hospital 
Until they meet in person....


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9

Family Love

Family Love
2009

Want to know more about our family? Keep scrolling!