Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Ephesians 4:2

Look the little tribe of Benjamin leads the way. Psalm 68:27

Our Family

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Cat tickers
"In everything you do, put God first and He will direct you and crown your efforts with success."
Proverbs 3:6

Sunday, March 4, 2012

36 things I want my daughters to know

written by http://fansofbeingamom.com/2433/being-a-mom/36-things-i-want-my-daughter-to-always-remember/
Kendall and Kymber,
A mother’s greatest aspiration is to see her children lead happy, rich, fulfilling lives. As I watched my little girl drift off to sleep last night, my mind was filled with all the wishes I hold in my heart for her happiness. If I could, I would giftwrap the world for her. I would create a new world designed to delight her. There is nothing that makes me feel happier or more content than to see joy on my child’s face.
I know that I cannot (and should not) make my daughter’s life perfect. I know that eventually she will venture out into the world on her own. She will have to face her own dragons and learn many things the hard way. I know that most of what I tell her – even the things I might whisper earnestly in the quiet dark of her room while she sleeps – will remain unheard and unheeded for a very long time.

Even so, there are things I want my daughter to always remember. I will tell her these things – today, tomorrow, and the day after that, and the day after that. I will repeat them over and over until they echo so clearly in her head that they might be mistaken for her own thoughts. These are the things that I believe will help her create her happiness – grow it in her own heart instead of ceaselessly searching for it in other people and places and pursuits.
  1. You are special.
  2. There is no one else exactly like you in the whole world. Cherish your unique self.
  3. You deserve love, admiration, honesty, respect, and second chances.
  4. You have the right to use your voice – any time, any place, on any topic.
  5. You are beautiful.
  6. Beauty is as beauty does and while physical beauty is fleeting, a beautiful soul lasts forever.
  7. True friends make you laugh and feel good about yourself.
  8. True love makes you want to be a better person.
  9. Girls can do anything boys can do … and some things boys can’t.
  10. Magic is real – you just have to know where to look for it.
  11. Taking time for yourself is important – be your own best friend.
  12. You can always come home. Always.
  13. You can tell me anything.
  14. You don’t always have to follow the rules, but …
  15. … always follow your heart.
  16. You are a creative genius and your creations are your gift to the world. Give them freely and joyfully.
  17. There’s no such thing as failure. Learn from every experience.
  18. You are loved more than you will know until you have your own child.
  19. Anything is possible if you believe.
  20. There are few things a hot mug of tea and a good book won’t fix.
  21. Go after your passion with a vengeance, but …
  22. … remember to slow down and savor the journey along the way.
  23. Sometimes it’s okay to eat dessert first.
  24. Don’t wait for things to be “perfect” before you do something.
  25. Keep your eye on the Big Picture, but revel in the details.
  26. Trust yourself. You are smart enough, strong enough, and brave enough.
  27. When in doubt, grow something.
  28. It’s okay if you don’t know the answers. Sometimes it’s a better place to start from.
  29. The Golden Rule is the easiest standard by which to measure any choice.
  30. Travel is the best teacher, but always be safe and be wise. The world is a beautiful place, but it is not without its sharp edges.
  31. Never compromise your beliefs – not for stature, approval, or anything else.
  32. Manners count.
  33. Learn to laugh at yourself and life will suddenly seem much easier.
  34. It’s okay to be fragile sometimes. Life can be like that.
  35. I am always so proud of you.
  36. I will always be with you. Even when I’m gone I will be holding you in my heart and wrapping my love around you.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9

Family Love

Family Love
2009

Want to know more about our family? Keep scrolling!