Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Ephesians 4:2

Look the little tribe of Benjamin leads the way. Psalm 68:27

Our Family

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Cat tickers
"In everything you do, put God first and He will direct you and crown your efforts with success."
Proverbs 3:6

Monday, July 18, 2011

Marriage Monday

So Julie will usually have a great tidbit on marriage and advice to make it practical. I love reading her Marriage Mondays and take the advice to heart. This week it felt like she was talking directly to me.
Last week, I expected Ben to be so much more than he could be. He (and no one else for that matter) could soothe or take away the pain that I felt last week as my due date approached. I was angry at a lot of things and Ben was included in that.
Even though in my head and heart, I knew that it was wrong to be so angry, I just could not stop myself from being so.
I am in a better frame of mind this week but still craving what only God can give me now..... peace & comfort from my grief.
Anyway, I wanted to share part of Julie's post and if you want to hear more about her vacation mistake then check out her blog!
Julie wrote:
Sometimes I ask for/expect/demand something of my husband that he never promised me and can't produce. He promised a lot of things, but he didn't promise everything. He didn't promise to be able to satisfy all of my needs, yet I often put those expectations on him.


Imagine trying to order a burger at Chick-fil-A or asking for a life jacket at a ski slope. Imagine demanding to have your hair colored at the dentist office or insisting on college credit at your child's kindergarten graduation. Imagine telling the Avis agent you want to see their supervisor to give you your Dollar Rent-A-Car vehicle. (Humbling ........ ) Imagine expecting your husband to be your source of joy, satisfy all of your emotional needs, give you total peace, and keep you safe wherever you are.


Sometimes I stand before my husband wanting something he was never intended or equipped to give me. He wants to meet my needs and make me happy, but he must get frustrated as I stand there insisting he must give me what I want from him, even if they are legitimate needs. Just one "desk" away, Jesus stands waiting to give me joy, peace, and safety in abundance. I don't want to miss out! I have to go to the "right desk!"

Let's free our husbands from wrong expectations, and let's allow the Lord to give us what only He can give. We'll enjoy them both more when we go to the "right one" for what we need.

Have you found yourself trying to get something from your husband or another friend that the Lord wants to be the One to give you?

Our recent date night


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9

Family Love

Family Love
2009

Want to know more about our family? Keep scrolling!